Chime is an online banking solution that allows users to bank on the go without having to worry about hidden fees and charges that come with traditional banking. The app was created by Chris Britt and Ryan King in 2013 and aims to offer an alternative to the traditional pen and paper banking services. Besides offering advantages over traditional banks, Chime also provides features such as Spending Account, Savings Account, and other perks.
When you open an account with Chime, you automatically become eligible for a Chime Debit Card that you can use at most ATMs, retailers, and franchises. The debit card offered by Chime is issued by Visa and can be used with mobile payment apps like Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. It takes around 5 to 10 business days for your Chime Debit Card to arrive at your mailing address. If you don’t receive the card within this time period, make sure to contact Chime customer care and record with them your issue.
For those of you who have received the card and are wondering how they can activate it, read on as we will provide simple steps for you to activate your Chime Card online.
There are three ways you can activate your Chime card: through their official website, via Chime Card activation phone number, and via Chime mobile app.
Activating Chime Card Online
In order to activate your Chime Card online, follow these steps:
- Visit Chime.com
- When the website is open, click on the “log in” option that you will find at the top right side of the screen.
- Enter your registered email id and password in the following respective fields.
- On the next page, you will be provided by full information on how you can activate your Chime Debit Card.
Activating Chime Card via Phone Number
Besides visiting Chime website, you can also make a call on their toll-free number to activate the Chime Debit Card.
- Dial +18009636299 and then press
- Later, press 0 to talk to a Chime customer care support assistant.
- The customer care representative will guide you into activating your Chime Debit Card.
- While making a call to the Chime customer care representative, make sure to not disclose your personal details such as social security number, and Chime Debit Card details to confirm your identity.
You can call on the Chime Card activation number from Monday to Saturday from 7 am to 7 pm CST and on Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm CST.
Activating Chime Card Through Mobile App
You can also activate your Chime Debit Card directly through the Chime mobile app. In order to activate your Chome Card through the mobile app, install the app on your device. The app can be downloaded on both Android and iOS devices. Once you have downloaded the Chime app on your phone, follow these steps to activate your Chime Debit Card:
- Open the Chime app on your device and log into your account by entering registered email id and password.
- The next page will ask you to activate your Chime Card through a pop-up.
- Next, on the card activation page, enter the card details including card number and CVV number in the required field.
- When your CVV is verified by the Chime system, you will get a call from Chime with a verification code.
- On the app, it will ask you to enter the verification code in order to proceed.
- Enter the verification code in the required field and click continue.
- Lastly, you will receive a message about your Chime Card activation allowing you to use your Chime Card anywhere.