Many of our everyday activities have been made easy thanks to the integration of technology in our lives. The growing implementation of technology has also influenced the way we exchange money. Now, we can send and receive money through apps on our phones without having to visit our banks or ATMs. Moreover, apps such as Cash App allow users to send and receive money without having a bank account. Cash App has also introduced its debit card that can be used, like any other debit card, to make payments, shop, as well as withdraw money from ATMs.
You can request your own Cash App Card as long as you have a Cash App. Here’s how you can get your hands on and activate your Cash App Card:
How to Request a Cash App Card on Cash App
- The first thing you have to do is install the Cash App on your device and register your account by filling out the necessary details required by their website.
- Open the Cash App on your phone.
- There is a card icon located on the button left of the home screen, click on it.
- Next, click on the “order” tab.
- The next page will ask you to choose what color card you want. The options are Black and White as of now.
- After choosing the color of your card, you will be asked to put a unique Cashtag initial on your card. You can decide to put your signature or a customized drawing. You can also choose to not have any initial on your card.
- On the next page, you will be asked to provide your address, where you want your Cash App Card to be delivered.
- After filling the address details, you will be asked to enter your date of birth. Note: You will not be able to avail a Cash App Card if you are below 18 years old.
- On the next page, you have to enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- When you click next, you will be shown a confirmation message with all the details provided. Make sure you have put in the correct information and click on the continue tab.
- When you click continue, you will be redirected to a page asking you to “Add Funds.” Here you can add cash into your Cash App account that you can use with your Cash App Card later.
It will take around 10-15 business days for your Cash App Card to be delivered to your mailing address.
How to Activate Your Cash App Card
Most people, after receiving their Cash App Card, find themselves unable to activate it. Most people take to the internet with the query “how do I activate my Cash App Card” and are often disappointed with the information they get. In the following steps, we will provide you with detailed ways to activate your Cash App Card. There are two ways you can activate your Cash App Card. You can activate your cash app card with the QR code printed on the card, or you can choose to use the CVV instead.
Activate Cash App Card with QR Code
- Open the Cash App on your phone.
- Click on the Cash App Card icon on the button of the screen.
- Click on “Activate Cash App Card” in order to start your activation process.
- The next screen will ask you to scan the QR code printed on your Cash App Card using your phone’s camera.
- Keep the camera aligned with the QR code in order for the code to be read correctly.
- As soon as the scan is successful, you are good to use the Cash App Card.
Activate Cash App Card without QR Code
- Launch the Cash App on your mobile.
- Click on “Activate Cash App Card.”
- In the next screen, click “Missing QR Code” and choose “ Use CVV Instead.”
- On the next page, enter the CVV code and expiry date from your Cash App Card and confirm.
- You will receive a confirmation message, and your card will be activated to be used.
Cash App Charges
While certain transactions on the Cash App are free of cost, others levy some charges. If you are going to activate a Cash App Card, you must be aware of the applicable fees and charges.
- Personal payments are free on Cash App Card.
- Business-related payments will levy a 2.75% charge from the beneficiary.
- Standard deposits are free of cost.
- Immediate deposits charge 1.5%.
- Payment received from a credit card will levy a 3% charge from the sender
Suggested Cash App Help guides