The Cash App comes with the facility of its own debit card called Cash App Card. The card is directly linked to your Cash App account and can be used to transfer, withdraw, and receive money. Cash App Card gives you the advantage of having your personal debit card, without having to rely on any bank. You can access all the money in your Cash App account using your Cash App Card. However, you will first have to link your bank account with your Cash App account. In order to link your bank account with your Cash App account, you can visit the Cash App website or follow the procedure provided on its app.
Before linking your bank account with your Cash App account, beware of the following points:
- You can only add a United States bank account with your Cash App account. Any foreign bank account is not compatible with the Cash App as of yet. The first step to linking your Cash App account to your bank account requires you to have an account in a United States bank.
- Your bank account must have an active transaction history. Choose a bank account that you use to send and receive money regularly. Note that pre-paid cards and or online-only payments accounts like PayPal can not be linked to your Cash App Card.
- You will have to provide your full bank account number and routing number before you could link your bank account to your Cash App Card. Make sure your double-check the details before confirming.
- You should have at least $1 in your bank account in order to have it validated. Cash App will transfer and withdraw a little amount of cash to check your bank account before linking it with the app.
Linking Your Bank Account on Cash App
Before adding money to your Cash App Card, you will have to link your bank account with the Cash App account. Linking your bank account to your Cash App account allows you to load money to your Cash App account directly from your bank account. Here is how you can link your bank account with your Cash App account:
- Open Cash App on your device
- Tap on “Balance” represented by a dollar sign on the Cash App home screen
- Click on “Add Bank” option
- Now, follow the instructions that the app provides
- The next screen will ask you to provide bank account details. Fill in the information carefully.
- Next, follow the instructions and the app will guide you through the process.
Adding Money to Your Cash App Card
Adding money to you Cash App account will allow you to use the Cash App Card like your debit card. You can shop and withdraw money from ATMs just like any other debit card. When you have successfully linked your bank account with your Cash App Card, you can add money to your card anytime using your mobile phone. Follow these simple steps to add money to your Cash App Card:
- Open the Cash App on your device
- Tap on “My Cash” icon located at the bottom left of the Cash App screen
- Click on “Add Cash” on “My Cash” page and put in the amount you want to add to your Cash App Card
- Make sure you have inserted the proper amount and click “Add”. Cash App instantly deducts the money from your bank account and adds it to your Cash App account.
Adding Credit Card on Cash App
Cash App also gives you the advantage of adding your credit card to your Cash App account. You can add money to your Cash App card directly from your credit card. However, beware that you will have to bear 3% charge of sending money from your credit card.
- Open Cash App on your device
- Tap on profile tab on the Cash App home screen
- Click on “Add Credit Card” option
- Fill in the details regarding your credit card
- Tap “Add Card” to link your credit card to your Cash App account.
This will allow you to add cash to your Cash App Card using your credit card.
Where Can I Load My Cash App Card
There are multiple ways through which you can add money to your Cash App Card. You can add money to your Cash App Card directly from your debit card and bank account through internet banking. You can also add money through your credit card. You can even ask your family and friends to send money directly to your Cash App Card. There is also an option to load money to your Cash App Card by visiting the nearest Walmart and asking the cashier to add money to your card.