Chime and Cash App are two of the most popular digital banking apps that make banking simple and convenient for everyone. However, many people don’t know that there is a way to make these two app work together. By linking the two apps together you can transfer funds from your Chime app to Cash App and vice versa.
Chime is a mobile bank that has a mobile app full of features and services including direct deposit, mobile cheque deposit, saving account, spending account, etc.
Cash App, on the other hand, offers a curated array of services and a popular Boost offer that makes it one of the most preferred money management app.
Notably, Cash App is only a money management app that offers you benefits similar to most banks. It allows you to send and receive money, make payments online and offers you a debit card so you can have access to your funds 24*7.
Chime is a bank without any physical branches. The fund that you keep in your Chime account is FDIC insured, which means you earn interest on the money you have in your account. Cash App does not offer any of these benefits.
Chime users can even deposit cash directly to their Chime account by simply walking in at a range of retail stores including 7-Eleven, Walmart, Walgreens, Dollar General, and CVS.
How to link Chime with Cash App?
Cash App offers you a way to link your bank account or debit card, making it easier for you to transfer your funds to the app. Among the range of banks, Cash App also offers integration with Chime. So the preferred way to link these apps is to add a Chime bank account to Cash App. By linking the two apps together, you will be able to transfer funds from Chime to Cash App and vice versa using the instant transfer option from a bank account (which works only on a debit card).
Keep in mind that you are required to pay a @1.5% fee in Cash App for instant transfer. Moreover, Cash App only allows you to add one account and one debit card at a time. So, in order to add Chime to your Cash App, you will have to remove any existing bank account on the app.
Steps to link Chime debit card with Cash App
In order to link Chime account with Cash App with a debit card;
- Open Cash App, go to home screen, and tap on the Bank icon on the bottom left corner
- It will show you the current Cash App balance and below it, you will find the option to “Link Bank” or “Add Bank”
- Next up, you will be presented with an option to “Add a Bank Account with your debit card”
- Enter the Chime debit card number along with the CVV, expiry date, and ZIP associated with the card.
- Enter the details and continue to conclude by adding your debit card with Cash App.
Steps to adding Chime bank account to Cash App without debit card
- Go to your Cash App home screen and click on the Bank icon on the bottom left
- Under your Current Cash Balance, there will be an option to “Link Bank” or “Add Bank”
- It will give you an option to add a bank accounting using your debit card. Since you don’t want to add your Chime account using a debit card, tap on the “No Card” option on the bottom left
- The next screen will give you an option to add your bank account using your username and password
- On the next screen, click Chime from the list of banks displayed
- Next, you will have to enter Chime bank account credentials
- Verify your Chime account through a 2-factor authentication code sent to your mobile
- Enter the code and select continue to finish the process of adding Chime bank with Cash App